Attivio provides role-based user management that lets Attivio administrators:
- Import users and groups from your organization's Active Directory, Sharepoint, security API, or an XML file.
- Create Administrator, Manager, and User roles for Business Center.
- Assign users and groups to roles.
These features require the inclusion of the apisecurity module when you run createproject to create the project directories.
View incoming links.
Configuring User Management
Configuring user management involves ingesting your organization's users and groups (also known as principals) into Attivio from one of the following sources:
- Active Directory - see Active Directory Principal Scanner.
- XML - see the XML Authentication Provider page's "Ingesting the XML File" section
- The Attivio Java Client API - see Feeding Principals via IngestClient
Authentication for Business Center
Business Center web applications require authentication; by default, only the built-in aieadmin principal can access these applications, but you can configure an XML Authentication Provider to enable authentication for users defined in a
users.xml file, or an Active Directory Authentication Provider or LDAP Authentication Provider to enable authentication for principals from the specified source.
Please see AIE Web Application (webapp) Security for details on configuring an authentication provider for Attivio web applications.
About the aieadmin User
By default, Attivio creates an administrative user principal named aieadmin with password attivio. This user has access to all Attivio web applications. For more information see AIE Administrative Users.
You can add and delete additional administrative users as needed, but it is important to always maintain at least one active administrative user.
Managing Roles in the Attivio Business Center